Tired of using the iPod touch 4g on factory settings? All you need to do to spice up your device is jailbreak it! The meaning of the word jailbreak is the process whereby the software of a device is hijacked so that it can be made compatible with other or custom software etc.
There are two methods of jailbreaking devices like iPod. These methods are:
- Through the installation of a computer chip
- Through a reliable jailbreak program
Jailbreak Through a Computer Chip:
- Research the web for best chips that can jailbreak the device. Collect it from the nearest store or have it shipped to you.
- Open the back cover of the iPod and place the chip as instructed in the manual.
- Reboot the device and try to download the free applications that you previously couldn’t. If that works, then your device has been successfully jailbroken. If not, reboot it again.
Disadvantages of using a computer chip:
Computer chips have been used since the first iPod was invented. People had to use them because that was the only option available at that time. However, the arrival of software methods of jailbreaking has made the computer chip obsolete. People can purchase and download software directly from the web and can carry out the jailbreak. The chances of voiding the device’s warranty are greatly reduced, as you don’t need to open the device. Moreover, the computer chip installation requires delicacy and expertise- not everyone can do it.
Common jailbreak programs:
Jailbreak programs and their reliability and security are judged by user reviews and ratings. Secure jailbreak software has excellent user opinions and vice versa for an unsecure program. One of the most commonly used and trusted software is the one above.
Jailbreaking is an easy procedure as long as you are using the right program to do it. The internet market swarms with hundreds of programs that claim a successful jailbreak, however, it must be kept in mind that most of them are scams and are filled with malware and viruses that are only going to damage your device’s software. So, it is important that you check the user reviews and ratings of the program before you download it.
Jailbreaking through computer software:
Jailbreaking a device is an easy as one two three and requires you to follow the these steps.
- Download this amazing jailbreak software
- Download the firmware for the iPod. The firmware is downloaded just in case the jailbreak process doesn’t run smoothly and you have to restore the device to its original/factory settings.
- Run the jailbreak program. The program will prompt for an iOS firmware. ‘Browse’ the files from the firmware and select it.
- Proceed further and select the Cydia option. This will help in download stuff for your phone.
- Now, connect the device to the personal computer or laptop making sure that it is turned off.
- Begin the jailbreak process by bringing the device into DFU mod, commonly known as the firmware upgrade mode. This is done by holding the home and power button for ten seconds, then release the power button as the device turns on keeping the finger on the home button. You will hear a ding or a chime, which is a safe indication that the process has begun.
- The device will black out for a moment and you should see digital figures on it. The jailbreak will continue for a few minutes and the device will reboot itself automatically.
- You will be notified as the process gets completed.