A step-by-step process on how to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G will benefit you in countless ways. The most ideal jailbreaking tools for your iPod Touch 4G would not be effective unless you follow through with the step-by-step process. The benefits or advantages could be more than you hoped for. In fact, you can easily jailbreak your iPod Touch 4G with an automatic method. An automatic method will require you to use a jailbreak program tool. The tool will be the one to do all the necessary procedures unlike the manual method of jailbreaking. The manual method of jailbreaking is not so popular today. The manual method requires you to have a thorough technical skill in installing the proper hardware and proceeding with the internal configurations. The automatic method on the other hand will only require you to click specific selections for your choices. There is no need to have a strong technical foundation when doing the automatic step-by-step process of jailbreaking. The best automatic jailbreaking tool will provide you the maximum ease of use during the jailbreaking process.
Advantages of this Automatic Step-by-Step Jailbreaking Process
The automatic step-by-step jailbreaking process will ensure the success of your jailbreaking procedure. This is done through a systematic configuration of the root system by the standalone program tool. Jailbreaking programs are applicable for your iPod Touch 4G device and run on both the Windows or Mac operating systems. There are lots of benefits from this. First, it is hassle-free and cost effective. You do not need to install any microchip into your device to hack the root system. This makes it very convenient and cost effective to use. Second, it is safe and reliable. You do not need to open your iPod Touch device during the whole process making the process much safer. The whole jailbreaking process in an automatic method will only take a few minutes. In fact, it usually takes only 2 minutes depending on the speed of your iPod Touch 4G device.
The Automatic Step-by-Step Jailbreaking Process
Here are the steps that you need to take into consideration and strictly follow if you want a successful jailbreaking process for your iPod Touch 4G device.
- The first thing that you need to do is check the firmware compatibility of your iPod to that of the jailbreaking tool.
- Download this jailbreaking program and save to your hard drive. Then, connect your device to the computer. This should activate iTunes automatically.
- After that, run the jailbreaking tool. This will prompt you to select the IPSW file for your iPod Touch. This will ensure that you are running a compatible firmware version for the jailbreaking process to be successful. Wait for the verification. The jailbreaking program will automatically detect it. Select next after the verification process.
- Then, select your preferred options for your needs. In such case, you must opt to select “Cydia” and continue by clicking the “Next” option.
- After selecting Cydia and other preferred options, the program will ask you to plug your iPod Touch 4G device to your computer. Follow the succeeding steps. The program will usually ask you to turn your device into DFU mode. Turning your device into DFU mode is done by pressing hold of the home button and the power button at the same time for a few seconds and releasing the power button before the home button. Keep depressing the home button for another 10 seconds until your device reboots.
- During the restart process, the jailbreaking process will proceed. Wait for the device to restart. It should take only about 2 minutes depending on the speed of your iPod Touch device.
- You will be notified of the completion of the jailbreaking process after the successful reboot.
You won’t believe what your device has in store for you once you have jailbroken it, to get a taste you can check out the cool and exciting apps and games to download immediately after the process is complete. There are hundreds or even thousands to choose from. The sky is the limit for you.
Posted in How To, How To Jailbreak, iPod, Jailbreak
Tired of using the iPod touch 4g on factory settings? All you need to do to spice up your device is jailbreak it! The meaning of the word jailbreak is the process whereby the software of a device is hijacked so that it can be made compatible with other or custom software etc.
There are two methods of jailbreaking devices like iPod. These methods are:
- Through the installation of a computer chip
- Through a reliable jailbreak program
Jailbreak Through a Computer Chip:
- Research the web for best chips that can jailbreak the device. Collect it from the nearest store or have it shipped to you.
- Open the back cover of the iPod and place the chip as instructed in the manual.
- Reboot the device and try to download the free applications that you previously couldn’t. If that works, then your device has been successfully jailbroken. If not, reboot it again.
Disadvantages of using a computer chip:
Computer chips have been used since the first iPod was invented. People had to use them because that was the only option available at that time. However, the arrival of software methods of jailbreaking has made the computer chip obsolete. People can purchase and download software directly from the web and can carry out the jailbreak. The chances of voiding the device’s warranty are greatly reduced, as you don’t need to open the device. Moreover, the computer chip installation requires delicacy and expertise- not everyone can do it.
Common jailbreak programs:
Jailbreak programs and their reliability and security are judged by user reviews and ratings. Secure jailbreak software has excellent user opinions and vice versa for an unsecure program. One of the most commonly used and trusted software is the one above.
Jailbreaking is an easy procedure as long as you are using the right program to do it. The internet market swarms with hundreds of programs that claim a successful jailbreak, however, it must be kept in mind that most of them are scams and are filled with malware and viruses that are only going to damage your device’s software. So, it is important that you check the user reviews and ratings of the program before you download it.
Jailbreaking through computer software:
Jailbreaking a device is an easy as one two three and requires you to follow the these steps.
- Download this amazing jailbreak software
- Download the firmware for the iPod. The firmware is downloaded just in case the jailbreak process doesn’t run smoothly and you have to restore the device to its original/factory settings.
- Run the jailbreak program. The program will prompt for an iOS firmware. ‘Browse’ the files from the firmware and select it.
- Proceed further and select the Cydia option. This will help in download stuff for your phone.
- Now, connect the device to the personal computer or laptop making sure that it is turned off.
- Begin the jailbreak process by bringing the device into DFU mod, commonly known as the firmware upgrade mode. This is done by holding the home and power button for ten seconds, then release the power button as the device turns on keeping the finger on the home button. You will hear a ding or a chime, which is a safe indication that the process has begun.
- The device will black out for a moment and you should see digital figures on it. The jailbreak will continue for a few minutes and the device will reboot itself automatically.
- You will be notified as the process gets completed.
Posted in How To, How To Jailbreak, iPod
If you want to learn the process for Jailbreaking all iPod models, then there is no question that it can be very fast and easy.
This ease only comes from actually using on of the automated programs that will complete the technical side of the Jailbreak for you. The manual method is dangerous and many users are destroying their firmware.
Why should I jailbreak my iPod?
In technical terms, jailbreaking is defined as a process through which users unlock their device’s software so that they can customize their Apple device to their needs. Once the device is jailbroken, users can download third party applications as well as the applications that are not supported by Apple, Inc. You can get free software updates, games, and the ability to download free wallpapers. The jailbreaking process is very easy and requires the users to follow some easy steps.
As mentioned above, jailbreaking is the process of bypassing all digital file protection rights that are imposed by Apple, Inc. Through jailbreaking, users can download third party applications and customize the iPod to their needs:
- Get thousands of free games and apps
- Amazing keyboards, skins, lock sliders
- Download and keep youtube videos
- Use iPod as external hard drive so files can go back and forth
Wasn’t it considered illegal?
Yes, jailbreak of any device was considered illegal under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. But the Act was abrogated in 2010 and jailbreaking of any device was made legal as it was termed as a ‘fair use of the device’s software’. So, one can be sure that it’s not an illegal procedure. Apple, on the other hand, has declared that its iDevices will lose warranty if they are jailbroken. Not to worry, because jailbreaking is a completely reversible process and will leave no trace. You can return the device to its factory settings and Apple employees won’t even know it.
Get the fast and easy app from here:
Next question is…
Another question that is frequently asked: “is it safe to jailbreak iPod an touch?”
Yes it is! As long as you are using the right software to do it! Be very sure to be confident in the software that you intend to use for jailbreaking your iPod. The characteristics of a safe jailbreak software are that it is reliable, and is easy to use.
Just 1 of 1000’s of looks
More and more programs are emerging every day that claim to jailbreak your iDevice. Be aware of these programs! As most carry within them, malwares and viruses that will only damage your iPod!
Following are the steps involved in the jailbreak of iPod touch:
- Download the auto assist Jailbreak program
- Double click on the jailbreak program.
- The software will prompt for a firmware. Make sure you have the most recent firmware saved on your computer
- Backup your ipod in iTunes
- Turn the iPod off and connect it to the computer.
- Run the Jailbreak software and follow the steps it asks you
- You will be notified when the process is completed.
- If you have followed all steps correctly, your iPod touch will be jailbroken.
The process really is that simple and you can start downloading free games and apps immediately.
Posted in How To, How To Jailbreak, iPod
The market today is crowded with a bunch of jailbreaking tools that offer different ways to Jailbreak your iPod Touch 3G with IOS 5. Whatever the method is, there is only one purpose for all these jailbreaking tools, and that is to allow you to take full control of your iPod Touch 3G. These are the “must-have”, “can’t live without” tools for every iPod Touch 3G user. Those that don’t have the tools are left behind with a boring and dull iPod Touch device, while others are happily reaping the benefits of successful jailbreaking.
With jailbreaking tools, your dull and boring iPod Touch 3G device can turn into something with more life and color along with the many exciting features and added functionality. If you have had your iPod for quite some time now, you might be left with an obsolete device, given the new and updated iPod Touch versions. If your iPod is left unjailbroken, then your only choice is to buy a new, updated device that can cost you more. However, with the use of these hacking and jailbreaking tools, you do not need to spend more money on newer versions of your device. You can update your own version of the device to be even more exciting than the newly released iPod Touch. All you need is the right jailbreaking tools.
These tools will bypass the root system configurations of your 3G devices allowing you to take full control of the restricted features and functions such as customization of themes, downloading of hundreds and even thousands of third party applications and games without every paying the steep prices asked in the App store. With that, your dull and boring standardized iPod Touch 3G device is converted into something more like a brand new device with all the features and functions you could wish for.
Below is the jailbreaking process that would only take you a minute or two to complete, depending on the speed of your system. To make your jailbreaking process successful you need to follow a standard operating procedure which is observed in all jailbreaking tools regardless of the type of tool.
- First you need to secure a reliable and trusted tool for the jailbreaking process along with the needed peripheral programs such as iTunes and the exact firmware version for your device. Save the appropriate files and components to your desired location in your computer hard disk.
- Connect your iPod Touch device to your computer device following the appropriate synchronization for the device. Synchronize the files and firmware accordingly to verify that everything is compatible. This will open another dialogue window in the screen. Select the Cydia menu along with the other options that you prefer such as wallpapers and verbose boot
- Turn your 3G device to DFU mode for the restoring backup purposes. Press and hold the power button at the same time for 10 seconds. Release the power button while still pressing the home button. This will make the device to restart and start jailbreaking.
- After the restart you can check if Cydia is successfully installed by downloading apps and games.
The process usually takes only 2 minutes depending on the speed of your device. You do not need any technical knowledge to complete the process. The most ideal jailbreaking tools are user-friendly and hassle-free for your convenience.
Posted in How To, How To Jailbreak, iPod, Jailbreak
There are several things you need to consider, should you desire the learn how to jailbreak iPod units. These considerations are very important to the success of the jailbreaking process.
The fundamental of such is safety; to use a reputable program, as many are known for their viruses and scams.
You would not want to spend another sum of money, replacing your iPod or buying countless jailbreaking tools to satisfy your needs and preferences.
Here are few of the important considerations that you must attention prior to jailbreaking your iPod:
While most of the jailbreaking tools today are compatible with many of the versions of iPod devices, you still need to consider that compatibility aspects of jailbreaking. The firmware installed in your iPod corresponds to the appropriate firmware that is included in the jailbreaking tools or programs. Different versions depend on whether the iPod is 2G, 3G or 4G updated.
Firmware are usually based on the generation type of an iPod and each firmware has its own security features. Apple always updates the firmware security features and each update mean another new iPod and more secure features to combat the jailbreaking process.
Aside from that, you need to consider the operating system as well. Certain jailbreaking tools only work on specific operations systems. There are jailbreaking tools that run only in Windows while others run in either the Mac or Linux operating system.
Few have a multiplatform feature that can run in both or all the operating systems for your iPod Touch. Do not mess up with these compatibility issues. You might end up ditching your precious iPod Touch rather than enjoying the benefits of jailbreaking tools.
The Pros and Cons of Jailbreaking Tools
Your new ipod…? Get custom skins
The best there is for a Jailbreaking tool is its ability to lift the restrictions and limitations of the features and function of your iPod Touch device whether it be a 2G, 3G or 4G.
A successful jailbreak tool will allow you to have many benefits and advantages that are more than what you can imagine. You can download hundreds and even thousand of free apps and games from Cydia or from other third party sources.
You can change the dull and boring default settings of your themes and other applications, and the list goes on. It’s all in there, you name it!
On the other hand, you cannot ignore also the risk, so you need to be very careful in choosing the best tool for your device. You might end up with a broken iPod Touch rather than a jailbroken device. This will also put a risk for your warranty, so select a device that has the full capability of restoring the setting without the detection from Apple.
The Jailbreaking Method
There could be many jailbreaking tools in the market today but all of these tools follow the same standard procedure. All you need to do is carefully go through with the whole process and select the best choices for your needs and preferences.
- Select and download the appropriate jailbreaking tool in terms of compatibility, cost and efficiency, from a reliable online source. Save the file program to your desired hard disk location.
- Now run the program. Windows or dialogue boxes will appear and will prompt you to select options for your preferences. Select what is best for your needs and be sure to click next.
- Turn your iPod into a DFU mode and connect to your computer device. This will reboot the device while the jailbreaking process will initiate automatically. Follow the necessary procedure for the DFU mode transition. Usually you can do this by pressing hold both the home and power button for a few seconds until it will successfully restart.
- After the device restarts, you will see a notification on the screen that the program was installed and the jailbreaking process was successful. You can also determine to validate this by downloading third party apps and games from outside the app store.
The best Jailbreaking tools
With the increasing number of iPod users, the demand for jailbreaking tools updates are also growing in numbers. Each update with each type of jailbreaking tool might or might not be the one that you need or prefer. However, always remember that the best and most ideal jailbreaking tool has a secure, safe, reliable and user-friendly interface to provide convenience for the iPod Touch user.
The benefits are countless and it is undeniably true that once you have jailbroken your device, you will have a life-changing experience with your iPod.
Posted in How To, How To Jailbreak, iPod, Jailbreak
Is there really a need to jailbreak your iPod Touch 2G device? The definite answer is yes! While Apple keeps on upgrading the firmware of various device generations, your iPod Touch 2G device will be left behind. The worst scenario that could occur is when you are still using the default settings of your 2G device. The default settings of the OS of your 2G iPod Touch device are not good enough and cannot possibly compete with the newer iPod versions. Apple keeps on releasing newer versions of the device and keeps all the restrictions and limitations of all the versions for you to be tempted to buy a new one, which of course is another expensive cost for your budget. The newer versions are more exciting than the old one, providing new apps, cool games and more functionality. If the 2G iPod Touch is not jailbroken, then surely enough it cannot be compared to the 3G and 4G versions. There are however, important functions of the 2G that are not present in the newer versions. You can update a 2G version iPod Touch to a fully functional iPod Touch, which can even be more productive and exciting compared to the newer versions. All you need to do is install the best tool when it comes to jailbreaking. Jailbreaking tools are widely used today.
So what are these Jailbreaking techniques and are these even legal?
Jailbreaking tools are not in any way violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act provisions. It is completely legal. However, because by its nature it bypasses the security features of the iPod Touch, Apple has decided that it should be prohibited. Apple believes that as they are the manufacturers, they have the sole rights to develop and update the iPod Touch firmware. They state that using jailbreaking tools will void the warranty of your iPod Touch. While this is a warning statement, you at the other end will ultimately have no choice but to buy the newer device every time Apple updates and launches a new firmware version of the iPod Touch. But that is just not fair for consumers. As a consumer, you have paid for the device and you have all the rights to use it in the way you need and prefer it to function. The unfortunate fact is that Apple restricts your use of the features and functions of your iPod Touch so that you will be forced to buy a new one.
Fortunately, concerned developers are providing updated versions of jailbreaking tools for the benefit of users. These tools combat the security features of the iPod Touch and lift the restrictions and limitations imposed on your iPod Touch functions and features. This will allow you to use the device in full functionality without limits or restrictions.
The Jailbreaking Tools
The software automated method of jailbreaking your iPod Touch 2G is a proven way for a successful installation which bypases the Apple security features in your device’s operating system. The first thing you need to do is to acquire the necessary firmware that would suit your iPod Touch device. Always remember that there are compatibility issues with regard to the associated firmware to your iPod Touch along with the operating system installed such as Windows, Linux or Mac. Once you have acquired a reliable jailbreaking tool, you can run and launch the program on your computer. Be sure to select your preferred and desired options during the process according to the instructions. The instructions are easy to follow so you do not need any technical “know-how”. All you need to do is click each option accordingly. After this, connect your iPod Touch device to your computer, making sure that prior to connection you turn the device into DFU mode. You can do this by simply holding the home button and the power button for about 10 seconds. After the initial 10 seconds, you must continue holding the home button until your device successfully reboots its system. The jailbreaking process will proceed after that. Once the device restarts, your iPod Touch is jailbroken.
You can use the jailbroken device to its full capacity allowing you to download unlimited apps and games from third party developers. You can always do anything to your device and enjoy the full functionality of a newly jailbroken iPod Touch 2G device.
Now you do not need to buy a newer version or updated iPod Touch! All you need to do is to jailbreak your iPod Touch 2G device.
Posted in How To, How To Jailbreak, iPod, Jailbreak
Tired of using old applications? Looking for an application that will spice up your iOS 4 device? You are at the right place! Read on and this article will provide you with the information you need to jailbreak iOS 4 devices.
Jailbreak, in its technical term, is the process of using software/firmware to bypass the digital file protection rights of a device and in turn allowing you to do things outside is standard scope. Apple supports limited applications on its devices and users eventually get tired of using the same old Apps. They need something to spice up their phones. Jailbreak software can do that! It unlocks the device to a new world of possibilities where you can use free Apps, both from third party developers, as well as applications that are not supported by Apple, Inc. Users can download free screen savers, and themes enabling them to fully customize the device to their wants and needs. They can use their iDevice as a Wi-Fi hotspot which means multiplayer gaming and internet browsing over an ad-hoc network. They can also download YouTube videos directly to their device instead of just browsing them.
Below you will find some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the jailbreak process.
Is it safe?
The jailbreak procedure is completely safe as long as you are using the right software to do it. The World Wide Web is crawling with jailbreak softwares that claim to be successful but the problem is that you can’t trust them. As most of them are developed for the purpose of advertising and may carry within them potential viruses that will damage the device internally. You may also lose the warranty!
Is there any legality issue regarding the procedure?
Jailbreaking was considered illegal under the 1998 DMCA Act. However, the Act was revised by the Library of Congress in 2010, making jailbreaking legal.
While it is completely legal to jailbreak your device, Apple frown upon it as it takes you out of their “walled garden”. As such, they have been known to refuse warranty repairs on the basis of the phone being jailbroken. Not to worry though, the jailbreak process is completely reversible, and during the warranty process Apple will typically restore the phone back to factory default in order to test the fault. Therefore if you have any issues with your phone you can just restore it yourself before taking it in, avoiding the chance you are refused a warranty repair but also doing what would otherwise be the first step in the diagnostic process.
How do I Jailbreak an iOS 4 Device?
Following are the steps that will assist users in the jailbreak of iOS 4 devices. Follow the steps closely as any fault in the process may lead to losing the original firmware of the device resulting in the loss of its warranty.
Step one: get the iOS 4 firmware for the iDevice. Firmware is usually available at Dev-Team’s blog or you can Google it.
Step two: download the jailbreak program from the internet and save it alongside the firmware on the desktop. Make sure that you download the program from a trusted source as most of the websites are usually scams that advertise fake programs and want to lure in customers for making money.
<inset download link and call to action there>
Step three: Sync all the data by downloading the latest version of iTunes. It can be downloaded directly from Apple’s website.
Step four: initiate the jailbreak program by double-clicking on the software icon. The program will prompt for a valid firmware. Select the firmware from the desktop by clicking ‘Browse’ and click ‘Next’.
Step five: proceed further and ensure that you select the Cydia installer as this software lets you install just about everything.
Step six: connect the device to the personal computer. A word of Advice: turn the device off before connecting it to the computer.
Step seven: bring the device to Firmware Upgrade mode by holding the home and power button for ten seconds. Then, release the power button as the device is turned on while holding the home button for another five seconds till you hear a ‘ding’ or a ‘chime’ which indicates that the jailbreaking has been initiated.
Step eight: the process will take round about five minutes to complete. You will be notified as it is completed.
Posted in iPod