In this blog post, we are looking at the best way to reinstall WordPress. I’m sure you will rarely think about reinstalling WordPress on your site.
There are 2 different kinds of WordPress reinstallation available. Here we go.
- Reinstall WordPress and keep all plugins, themes, contents, etc.
- Completely reinstall WordPress to replace your existing site to a 100% fresh one.
Reinstall WordPress from the Dashboard
One of the easiest ways to reinstall a WordPress site is by doing it from the dashboard itself. It is super simple but most of the people did not know about. Just follow these steps to reinstall WordPress.
- Log in to your WordPress site.
- Go to the dashboard.
- Click on updates.
- Just click the Re-install Now button to reinstall WordPress.
Wait a few seconds while WordPress reinstall again. You will see the welcome screen for that version soon.
The second method is Reinstalling of Resetting WordPress through https://wpreset.com plugin. You can find a lot of WordPress Reset plugins but we have some solid reasons to opt WP Reset over others.
- WP Reset is free to use
- It comes with one-click reset option
- It will delete all existing posts, pages, and comments permanently from your WordPress site.
- It will not delete any media files.
- It will not delete your existing plugins or themes.
- WP Reset will not change your search engine visibility settings like site title, site address, site language, etc.
WP Reset Plugin is great for plugin and theme developers to speed up testing and debugging by providing a quick way to reset settings. WP Reset has the feature to delete the plugins or themes only if you want to test different themes and plugins.
If you just want to reinstall the core WordPress software, you can try the first method. If you are looking for a complete reset of your site, you can try WP Reset Plugin. We recommend you to take a website backup before proceeding with any type of reset.