Although Google’s Gmail is the dominant email service in the market, you shouldn’t overlook Outlook’s influence. It is utilized by millions of people and is the choice for business users and Office 365 customers. Its Outlook email experience is backed by an amazing thematic engine as well as a myriad of customization options. One of these options is the option to alter the view of emails. Here’s how to change outlook view on your desktop as well as on the web.
Change Outlook View On Desktop And Web
In contrast to its competitors, Microsoft offers native Outlook applications for the two platforms of Windows Mac. If you’re looking for Outlook desktop or web-based apps, for this purpose three platforms are listed here. Let’s get started.
1. Outlook Web
In the beginning, we will show how you can change the Outlook view via the internet. Many users prefer it to native apps because of its many functions, such as Outlook Spaces, Outlook Rules, and many more.
- Visit Outlook on the internet.
- Sign in using your account credentials.
- Click on the Settings button at the top.
- You can disable Focused Inbox If you don’t like Microsoft’s method of sorting email.
- From the Display density menu, you can choose full and Compact from the default medium view.
- Scroll down and you can alter the View of Conversation as well as the Reading Pane as well.
You’ll be able to see all modifications live while you edit them in The Outlook Settings menu. Choose the appropriate options based on your preferences, and you’re all set.
2. Outlook Mac App
Microsoft recently updated the Outlook application to work with macOS. Although it’s not as user-friendly as the Windows app, it is able to quickly change Outlook within it. Here’s how.
- Open Outlook on Mac.
- Click Outlook on the Mac menu bar.
- Open the Outlook Preferences menu.
- Select Reading.
- The default Outlook view is set to roomy. It is possible to change the view by changing it to the Cozy as well as a Compact view.
- From the same menu, you can turn off the display of message previews, show the sender image and Show the group headers.
Users can deactivate the Focused Inbox feature on the Outlook Mac from the same Reading menu. Another feature that is useful is the swipe gestures. We’ve seen this feature in Outlook mobile apps, but it’s nice to get that same amount of personalization in the Outlook Mac application.
3. Outlook Windows App
Clearly, Outlook offers the most comprehensive personalization options in the Windows application. The company recently updated its Outlook Windows app to keep in line with Windows 11 design elements.do you want to change the outlook view changed on the window? Let’s modify the Outlook display on Windows. Should we?
- Open Microsoft 365 Outlook application on a Windows PC.
- From the Email menu, click “View”.
- Select Change View, and switch From Compact view, Single view, or even Preview.
When you’ve made any changes to your Outlook view After making changes to the Outlook view, you can save the new outlook as the default view using this menu. Do you want the appearance of your outlook inbox view changed? Outlook allows you to alter the previews of messages from one line to two lines or three lines.
Start Outlook and navigate through the View menu, then Current View. View Message Preview and change the view from one line, to no lines, or 3 or 2 lines. If you think Outlook is using a tighter space, then you are able to alter this setting as well. In the view menu, select Disable the option to use tighter spacing and you’re in good shape. Outlook on Windows lets you change the layout as well. From the View menu select Layout. Then, users can switch their Folder Pane, Reading Pane, and To-Do Bar.
Are you looking to add more columns to the Outlook application? Select the three dots menu on the View menu, and then add columns by selecting the arrangement menu.
4. Outlook Mobile Apps
As you might have already guessed by the name, it isn’t possible to alter the Outlook display on mobile applications. You can, however, disable Focused Inbox If you’re not satisfied with Outlook’s manner to handle emails on mobile devices. Here’s how.
Both Outlook iOS and Android apps utilize the same interface. In the following screenshots, we will be using the Outlook iOS app. It is possible to follow the identical steps in Outlook Android. Outlook Android app and disable Focused Inbox.
- Open the Outlook app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Outlook icon on the top and then go into settings.
- Disable Focused Inbox in the menu for Email menu.
Many aren’t fans of using the standard Outlook view that is available on desktops as well as on the web. With the right modifications, you are able to alter the Outlook display on your desktop and the web to suit your preferences. In the case of Outlook mobile, apps it is possible to disable Focused Inbox.